X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will the blurred vision go way?

Hi,

That's my first post here!
    And I have to say, this website is great!!!!

I have been having this blurred vision for about 2 months now (only on the left eye). I had lots of different tests (Optometrist, Eye Hospital, GP) and they just say i should wear glasses. I don't think that's the case.

The more I read about dry eye the more I identify myself with the synptoms I am feeling now.

I'll have much more questions, but the first one is, will my vision get to the original state as before the dry eye problem?

My vision has been improving every week and now it's much better than when I first realised the problem.

I think my problem is caused by the excessive use of computers (12 - 16h a day EVERY day).

Can any one help me?

Regards
    Last edited by jfbaro; 12-Sep-2007, 08:08.

Hi,

You would have thought that your Optometrist and/or Eye Hospital would have picked up dry eye.....but stranger things have happened!......I found that sitting in the waiting room not to mention the morning off work & my eyes being away from the PC for a while gave my eyes time to rest and tear up nicely......and by the time I got seen by the docs my dry eyes had almost diminished.

Will your eyes get better?..............well the first thing you need to do is find out exactly what your problem is! Keep on at the docs, it can take a bunch of visits & tests to get to the bottom of yer problem.

Ian.

Comment

Hi
      Just use lots of eye drops It is because your eye has scratches. it happened to me as well. Keep it moist and you will get better.

Comment

If you are using your computer excessively, try using these:

http://www.dryeyezone.com/reminders/index.html

Rebecca and the genius Almighty created them for use with your computer. They will remind you to blink more!

D
        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Thanks everybody for the tips!!
          I am not happy with the result yet!

Comment

jfbaro,

Check out the Workplace forum for lots more tips about what to do when on the computer... adjustments to airflow and computer may help. Moisture-retaining glasses probably give you the biggest bang for your buck though. (For examples of what these look like, see Onion Goggles and Panoptx in the dry eye shop
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
            X