My eyes are red but they're not dry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My eyes are red but they're not dry

Hi, I don't have dry eyes but my eyes are constantly red even though I take an anti-histamine for allergies. What causes redness with no burning or dryness? For the last couple of days I've been waking up with bloodshot eyes eventhough I sleep for full 8 hours. There's no pain though.

my experience

Originally I went to my eye doctor because of redness, but had no other symptoms. For years my allergist had given me allergy drops because my eyes, from time to time, seemed red and he assumed. My eye doctor told me my eyes were dry and then my dry eye adventure began. I really didn't have any other symptoms except stringy mucus in my eyes. Anyway, from my experience, you never know what might be causing the redness until you go to an eye doctor and get some additional information.

Comment

Episcleritis

My eye doctor said that I have Episcleritis and that it will resolve on its own in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Yea!

Great news! I wish my redness would go away in a couple weeks.

Comment

What is your daily hygiene for your eyes?

Comment

eye-lid routine

I cleanse my lids with baby shampoo twice a day. I clean my eyelashes with saline solution and a q-tip once a day. I also put antibiotic on my eyelashes twice a week. Warm compresses don't do anything for me, but cold compresses are great. I also use chilled eye drops, take vitamins, and eat plenty of walnuts.

Comment

Hi momaxwell, What is the benefit of eating walnuts to dry eye? Just curious?

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
              X