Lagophtalmos & mild Ptosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lagophtalmos & mild Ptosis

To people who have lagophtalmos: do you also have mild ptosis? I have Lagophtalmos in my right eye. The eyelid doesn't close all the way down and doesn't open all the way up. It's mild but it bothers me. Sometimes when i close my eyes for a minute or so in the subway for example and then open them up, the right eyelid feels heavy and doesn't open all the way up until I push it with my finger. My family doctor said this is due to allergies and he palpated my neck, eyes, etc and said there's inflammation and swelling. My eye doctor said the mild ptosis is due to muscle weakness. Who should I believe?

Horner Syndrome

Here's an update on my case: I recently consulted with a neuro-ophthalmologist regarding my mild ptosis and I was diagnosed with congenital Horner Syndrome. He said it's not medically significant and he prescribed Apraclonidine eye drops to elevate the lid.

Comment

I have lagophthalmos in my right eye but no ptosis. Since yours is from a different cause than mine (mine is a consequence of neurosurgery), I wonder if you might be able to address both your lagophthalmos and ptosis at the same time?

Comment

Working...
      X