Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flax seed/ fish oil. How much are you apose to take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flax seed/ fish oil. How much are you apose to take?

I been taking like 1000mg of flax seed and 600mg of fish oil for 4 months.

I am about 145 pounds so how much should I take?

It hasn't been effective for me and is it a big deal to take it after you eat or not?

In my experience its NOT a good idea to take fish oil _before_ you eat. Also, excessive quantities of fish oil (over 3mg) supposedly branch into the dangerous territory of being a blood thinner, so I stay safe and take 1mg, in the morning, after breakfast. I'm 200lbs by the way.

Comment

Did you mean grams (g) and not milligrams (mg)? I have heard of people taking 2000mg (or 2g) of fish oil (apparently safely). I can tell you guys that an eye doctor told me that his current reccomendation for flax oil is 1 tablespoon/day/100lbs. of body weight. Like Jack, I am around 200lbs, so I take 2 tablespoons. I honestly don't know anymore than that. Aside from any safety issues with consuming too much, I imagine there is a point after which you end up spending more money without any further benefit. If any one comes up with an answer please let me know. Also, I usually take mine with meals as sometimes the flax oil makes me a little queasy. I have not seen anything negative about taking omega-3's with food, so I'm hoping it's okay to do.

Comment

Originally posted by jack_bristow
        In my experience its NOT a good idea to take fish oil _before_ you eat. Also, excessive quantities of fish oil (over 3mg) supposedly branch into the dangerous territory of being a blood thinner, so I stay safe and take 1mg, in the morning, after breakfast. I'm 200lbs by the way.

you mean 1000 mg, 1 mg would be nothing

Comment

My doc told me to take one fish oil cap (500 mg) twice a day. It did nothing for my DES but it has many great cardiovascular effects.
          Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

If the bottle says 1000mg in it and on the back part where says EPA 360mg and DHA 240mg hows can that equal up to 1000mg?

Comment

Because fish oil has other stuff in it besides EPA and DHA, it's just that those two things are the most beneficial.

Comment

Yes I meant 1000mg.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                  Because fish oil has other stuff in it besides EPA and DHA, it's just that those two things are the most beneficial.
                  Oh okay. hmm

Comment

flax and fishoil

I use the maximum recommended on the bottle. I take 1000mg of each 3 times per day. It has worked for me so far.

Comment

Working...
                    X