Bad day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad day

Today for some reason my right eye is tearing up. This scares me so much because my bottom ducts are cauterized. They have been cauterized for 2 years and I am always afraid of what will happen if I start making tears again. I don't know if it is reflex tearing because I have been out of my Restasis for a couple of days or if it is an infection. I dont' have any itching or mucous. I tried an upper plug one time and did fine for a month, then I started having the excess tearing and pulled it out myself (my eye doc wanted it to stay in, but I couldn't stand it). That was the worse thing in my life. People thought I was constantly crying.
    I was wondering if any one had to have their ducts reopened?
    I read something one time about having to create a new tear duct by making a hole in the nose.
    My eye doc said the cautery was reversible, but he never said they might have to break my nose to do it.
    I am so scared. Sometimes I feel like I have made things worse instead of better. I just know that I was so miserable with the overflow when I had the plug in my upper duct that I could stand it. If I have to leave my whole life like that I don't know what I would do.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Don't worry about it. Just tell your doctor and i'm sure he will figure the problem out.

Comment

Tribal...

(((Niteyorkie))), I'm so sorry you're having a bad day If you've been cauterized for two years... chances are it's just a fluke and things will go back to normal tomorrow. Hang in there.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Niteyorkie,
        In the event of the absolute worst case scenario (very unlikely) that you do continue to overflow, you can always have your cautery reversed. Some people's cautery actually reverses itself and re-opens anyway! Don't worry my friend. You'll be fine.

Comment

nature/biology strongly favors your return to a good state

Indeed, Niteyorkie, as Eli indicates: The statistics are OVERWHELMINGLY in your favor for a return to the status quo. . .I know EXACTLY how you feel about a new symptom or pattern, though. . .When it surfaces, it becomes impossible to imagine a resolution and return to normalcy. . .at least as we define that, with DES. . .But thankfully, these days, there is almost nothing that can't be corrected or reversed. . .and with each passing day, there is another new technology or medication emerging for us. . .Sometimes my head spins at all that is happening, despite our being a relatively neglected patient population. . .

Anyway, as my spiritual mentor used to say, observe how you are feeling, when things are bad. . . and don't assume, without a shred of evidence, that things will continue to be bad. . .
          <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Working...
          X