question for allergy sufferers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for allergy sufferers

I have just started Nasonex spray to see if that will help with headaches that appear to be related to an undiagnosed allergy. I've been using it for several days and have not had headaches, but my nose/mouth and eyes feel so dry. I'm back to having difficulty swallowing when I'm lying down. Anyone out there tried Nasonex with this result? She also gave me a sample of Clarlinex which I haven't tried. I'd love to get some feedback re these meds, and alternative treatments that might not be drying.
    Thanks!
    Elaine

Originally posted by elaine
    I have just started Nasonex spray to see if that will help with headaches that appear to be related to an undiagnosed allergy. I've been using it for several days and have not had headaches, but my nose/mouth and eyes feel so dry. I'm back to having difficulty swallowing when I'm lying down. Anyone out there tried Nasonex with this result? She also gave me a sample of Clarlinex which I haven't tried. I'd love to get some feedback re these meds, and alternative treatments that might not be drying.
    Thanks!
    Elaine

I tried Nasonex several years ago and it didn't help me at all. I take Clarinex when needed and I don't notice any difference in my dryeye while taking it. I also take Detrol LA I don't know if this contributes to my dryeye or not but I do have dry mouth. Almost every med I take says it causes dry mouth but nothing about dryeye so who knows!!!

Laura

Comment

nasonex

Dear elaine,
      I am currently on nasonex and have been using it for over a year now with no side affects ....... if you are having side affects like any other product you should stop and consult your doctor....
      I hope you get nose spray that suits you ......
      locky

Comment

allergies

Thanks,guys, I don't know what I'd do without this website. Who else can understand how it feels to kiss your husband after you put the tape over your eye lids at night?

Comment

Nasonex

Since Nasonex is a steroid, it can cause some people to develop oral thrush. You might want to try gargling and rinsing your mouth out a few minutes after using the nasal spray. Just a thought.

Comment

Speaking of kissing your husband after taping your eyes for the night, my husband has trouble kissing me with my warm rice baggy on my eyes and I hate to take it off to kiss him as it always seems to cool down too much once I remove it! He really doesn't freak out, he is just joking with me, I think!

Comment

"Not tonight, dear - I'm having an MGD flare-up..."
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

Is that a rice baggy on your face or are you just happy to see me?!
                Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Rebecca, Diana, THANKS FOR THE CHUCKLES!! WE ALL NEED TO DO LAUGH MORE, THAT IS FOR SURE

Comment

Working...
                  X