Best for night eye dryness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best for night eye dryness

Hi, I have so small a problem compared with many people but would be grateful for advice. I have very uncomfortable dry eyes whenever I wake in the night and first thing in the morning. One eye really doesnt want to open at all and the other very gritty. Should I buy an ointment as its just for night use and if so is there a consensus as to what is a good product? Alternatively I wondered about a spray such as Clarymist? The problem developed after the worst head cold ever about 3 years ago and has never gone away. And am postmenapausal anyway when most things seem to dry out!!
    Thanks.

Welcome to the group

Has this been investigated by an eye doctor? There are many products for night time use. Gel drops and eye ointments. Preservative free is important. The one that is best is an individual decision. I use GenTeal Gel in the tube. For severe dry eyes. And I use the Tranquileyes night time moisture goggles.

Billye

Comment

Hi,
      if your dry eye is not severe i think Tranquileyes will be the best option...you know the less is better...without using gels and stuff....since i use Tranquileyes i feel that my eyes especially the morning are less gritty than before! but if you feel that you need a gel...i think genteal Gel is one of the most used and most effective. Good luck

Comment

Welcome, hilhames.

I would advise you as Silverlady and Francesco already have. Tranquileyes or even a simple eye mask is a great idea. I would also add that warm compresses day and night might really improve your comfort. GenTeal seems to be a real favorite here, though I manage at night using the drops sold on this site...specifically Nutratear.

Also, getting the advice of a doctor wouldn't hurt as well if you haven't already done it. Best of luck.

Dianat
        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

I use the Genteal Gel. It gets me through 1/2 of the night. I have tried the ointments but find them more irritating than helpful. I will also wear a mask at night in the summer when I have my ceiling fan on.
          Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Hi hilhames and welcome!
            Originally posted by hilhames
            Hi, I have so small a problem compared with many people but would be grateful for advice. I have very uncomfortable dry eyes whenever I wake in the night and first thing in the morning. One eye really doesnt want to open at all and the other very gritty.
            Doesn't sound like such a small problem to me! For sure, now is the time to get it under better control, because the longer it goes on without treatment the worse ultimately. I'd recommend a good eye covering like the others have said. If possible get someone to see if your lids open a little while you're sleeping, especially the 'gritty' eye. And to avoid damage to the surface of your eye, you may want to moisten your lids/eyes a little before trying to open your lids in the morning.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Great question! I was gonna post a similar one.

I wake up with my eyes very dry even though I have been using tranquileyes. Before tanquileyes, it was eyeball glued to eyelid, so there has been an improvement. However, I'm still concerned about corneal erosions and related damage, so I was wondering if clarymist would be helpful? If not clarymist, what have people found helpful to use in the morning before opening eyelids? Sorry if this is confusing, but I am already using the lubricants mentioned in this thread before closing my eyes. The issue is what to do if I'm still getting dry.

Thank you for any feedback.

Vijay

Comment

Working...
              X