Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stick -on - reading lenses

Anyone tried those ?
    They would attatch to non-perscription moisture chambers and wrap-around sun glasses.
    I am interested 'cos i wear the onion goggles at night now (I like the fact i can see through them)and dont nearly break my neck stumbling in the dark if i have to get up in the night
    But i like to read in bed before i go to sleep ,and often if i wake in the night - so - i thought they would be good for attatching to the onion goggles to read with
    They come in 6 strengths eg 1.25 up to3.0 - you can google them under "stick on lenses "

Hi Stella,

I had ordered some samples of these (they're made by Optx) to try out and just got them in a few days ago. I got them specifically to see how well they would fit well on the Onion Goggles and on Panoptx. Lots of people in the same predicament!

It's hard for me to judge since I don't actually use readers however I think they are probably fine. They're very easy to apply and you can take them off and put them on other glasses. In terms of size, vertically, they take up nearly half of the total height of the Onion Goggles lens. They're the classic half moon shape and the contour is steeper than the nose-side of the Onion Goggle lens, so it's not like it covers the whole lower part of the lens. Not sure now much of an issue that is, again since I don't normally wear readers.

I'll take a pic and upload it when I get a chance.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris
      They're very easy to apply and you can take them off and put them on other glasses. In terms of size, vertically, they take up nearly half of the total height of the Onion Goggles lens.
      Just wanted to add that the segments can be trimmed with scissors. I did this for my Panoptx. I set the segments temporarily on the front of the glasses and took a fine-point marker to make a line for the trim cut (in the end they're applied to the inside of the glasses, though). You will want to place the segments as near the nose side as possible. Don't trim the tops, only the nose side and bottom.

Hmm, I realize this is hard to explain. They should be applied so that the top of the segment is about level with the bottom of your pupil-- as seen when you have the glasses on, looking in the mirror straight on---not tilting head up or down.

Calli

Comment

Thanks for the info - will wait till our postal strike is over ,then send for them

Comment

Working...
        X