Swelling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swelling

Do any of you have swelling in the eye area? For a couple of weeks I've been waking up with my eyes swollen enough that I look like I've got loose skin hanging over the tops of my eyes. Really looking bad. The swelling goes down some during the day and then comes back again the next day. It's not painful, just a little uncomfortable because I'm having to look out from under the eyelid. None of my meds have changed. I haven't changed any of my eye products. Any suggestions? I know I'm getting old but this is ridiculous.

Billye

Get a new pillow? Hypoallergenic maybe. It the first thing that came to my mind.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Hmmm,

Thanks Diana,
      Good idea,
      My pillow is down and might be getting too old. Hard to change them tho. I'm one of those that takes my pillow everywhere and I take forever to get used to a new one. It has a quilted zipoff cover on it. I'll try washing and see if it makes any difference. I've been in the hospital and it may have picked up something.

Billye

Comment

Originally posted by Silverlady
        I'll try washing and see if it makes any difference.
        Might try a different washing soap... When I get anything unusual going on with my skin I think first of detergents.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

I get the same type of swelling you describe over my right eye, the one that's bothering me more right now. Last week at my doctor's appointment, he mentioned that I have mild blepharitis (again), so I'm thinking maybe that's what causes it. I had it in both lids several years ago when I had bleph, too.

Calli

Comment

Good idea

Rebecca,
            I use the Free and Sensitive brands of detergent and fabric softner. But I'll wash and see. Thanks all. It could be the ridiculous amount of ragweed in the air right now too. Just thought of that.

Billye

Comment

Working...
            X