unexpected discovery about barrier protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unexpected discovery about barrier protection

For what this is worth (possibly too little to warrant posting), I wanted to relate an accidental eyewear discovery: I just purchased a regular pair of glasses, in order to test out a new Rx before I invest in construction of new moisture chambers with that new Rx. I bought wire-rimmed frames, in hopes of using these same frames subsequently with new moisture chambers, which require wire-rims, generally.

For once, I wanted glasses that actually fit my face, and so I had the guts to insist on a pair of children's frames. They are very small, elongated ovals, and so when worn close in to my face, these new glasses essentially fill the cavity formed by the bones surrounding my eyes.

To my amazement, when I wear these new, tiny specs, I get quite a lot of protection from air. . .rivaling some of the more carelessly made moisture chambers I've worn.

So my thinking is that if one benefits from moisture chambers, goggles, or wrap-arounds, one may, in some cases, get some partial or even full relief just by choosing spectacle frames that fit snuggling inside the bone structure, and close to the eyes (without touching eyelashes, of course).

Now can anyone tell me whether flattish ovals are completely dorky and out-of-fashion? I suspect they are, because everything in the shop I visited, but for my kids' glasses, was rectangular. Who cares, though? Let's just start a new or revived fashion trend. . .
    <Doggedly Determined>

Back before I was able to get my specially fitted Macrolenses and had no daytime protection, I used to wear plano glasses somewhat like that. I have long lashes so I couldn't wear them very close to my face but I noticed at least a little difference. Any barrier is better than no barrier, at least so goes my theory....
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X