Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will wearing glasses help with blepharitis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will wearing glasses help with blepharitis?

I unfortunately have really bad blepharitis. At work especially (reception) and whenever im in large open rooms, it can hit really bad. There are times where I can not even keep my eyes open. Im on Doxycyline (helping very smally), and cleaning eye lids regularly etc. and all the other suppose to do things. Yet it is still really bad. Ive noticed that sometimes when I put sunglasseson it, it can help it. Does anyone know if glasses would help with blepharitis? Like in a way, stop the air and stuff reaching the eyes which bring it on? I was thinking of getting normal 'reading glasses frame', and then a slightly tinted lens, which would look cool and still acceptable to wear indoors.

Any opinions if they would help?

i have bleph also, and wearing glasses does kinda help, mostly it just keeps a lot of air and wind from hitting your eyes too bad.

Comment

MUST check out EYEWEAR info. here; Enjoy!

You're both on to something very important. . .Please see the sections here on Eyewear. . .Protective eyewear is a TREMENDOUS asset in reducing symptoms of most kinds of dry eye. . .Since blepharitis can, moreover, be a direct cause of rapid tear evaporation, which, in turn, makes the eyes too sensitive to air (producing that need to close eyes in open spaces/rooms), this diagnosis leads straight to the wisdom of checking out eyewear.

As you'll se on this site, you may benefit from anything ranging from what you describe, i.e., just plain old glasses, all the way to virtually airtight goggles. . .If you can't find exactly what you're looking for, please post again, and a bunch of us will load you up with lots of info. on protective eye gear.. .
      <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

hey thats cool. yeh just looked at the glasses sections.

but cos im going to be working indoors and serving people (i serve high class people) i cant wear like goggles and sunglasses lol
        so thats y i was going for the normal glasses look..
        would any type of lens be better than others to get for them? someone told me a slightly tinted/dark lens would be good.

Comment

Wraparounds can be made with clear lenses

Don't give up on the idea of at least a wraparound frame, with clear lenses, for workplace wear. . Some of these are really gorgeous. . .PanOptx, in particular, makes some frames that are more beautiful than most regular frames you'll find in optical shops. . .Lately, the plastic frames in optical shops seem, to me, to be edging more towards the wraparound look, making PanOptx a very attractive choice. . .

Soon, a product called MicroEnvironment Glasses is coming to market, and they will probably be availabe at the Shop here. . .These are high-tech-looking frames with add-on gaskets for air protection. . .Photos of these look promising. . .Gaskets may or may not be clear, and that may affect whether they fit your needs.. . .

Finally, moisture chambers that provide a fairly tight seal can be added to regular glasses. . .When made properly, these are essentially invisible. . Please reference moisture chambers here, and you'll find photos and other relevant info. on them. . .
          <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

i just looked up those MPEGs look pretty cool
            do u know when they are meant to be available?
            i read on the site they were meant to be realeased early 2005 .. but they wernt

Rojzen u r a very helpful poster. thank you

Comment

MEGs issue date unknown, but close

So happy, Fryzie, to think that my posts may be useful. . .Your questions and creative directions are the impetus, though!

Don't know exactly when those MEGs will come out, but their inventor, Dr. Yee, recently wrote me saying that he actually had some in stock already, ready to be used. Our Rebecca is more on top of when the MEGs will reach market, and the Shop, here, may become one of the first distributors of the product. Timing remains unclear, and I think that's because Dr. Yee needs to have clearance from his marketing advisors, and is probably working on finding multiple distributors. . .

We will be among the first to know when one can order the MEGs, though, so keep watching here. Frames and gaskets will be available for purchase online, and then one can simply bring the frames to the local optician for filling with any kind of lenses needed. Possibly, Dr. Yee's company will even start sending the product straight to optical shops for sale. . .
              <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Any opinions if they would help?
                Fryzie--you may be able to buy sharp looking glasses in a local store. I have. They are no script glasses and you might look for them at boutiques. Possibly glasses hut at the mall, although they would probably be expensive there. Sometimes you can find them with a slight tint where there is a rack of sunglasses. Good luck on this if that's what you are looking for. I have some with pink tint to the lens and had some with a blue tint.

PS. Macy's might be another place to look

Lucy
                Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Hello, I’m 19 and have had this condition for around 3 years which has been a struggle to say the least. I’ve had two operations and have started to see an improvement. But recently my eyes have begun to react to bright lights including screens. I was thinking about getting some tinted glasses and wanted to see if anyone had any information about if this would be a good idea or not.

thank you

Comment

Working...
                  X