Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing works recently-very dissapointed

Hi,

I am having a bad dryness recently and moisture chamber glasses do not help.
    It's very strange. I got a job in a cleanroom where humidity is 50% and barometric pressure is slightly higher than the atmospheric pressure to prevent air coming inside.
    I was doing the lid scrub every day for my MGD/rosacea and now I am very dry.
    The only change I did was that I stopped fish oil about 3-4 weeks ago, and I am drinking much less water due to inconvenience of getting in and out the cleanroom.

Has anyone an idea of what causes the problem? Forgot to add, I take Restatis once a day at bedtime.

All best,

George

George... very sorry to hear the eyes are not doing well.

Originally posted by GeorgeT
    The only change I did was that I stopped fish oil about 3-4 weeks ago, and I am drinking much less water due to inconvenience of getting in and out the cleanroom.
    New job, no fish oil, less water - wouldn't be surprised if that's your explanation right there. At any rate, when there are few variables it makes it easier to pin down cause/effect. Can you go back on fish oil, maybe at an elevated dosage (at least in the beginning) or more concentrated product, and try and increase your water intake at other times of the day and see what happens?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Hi Rebecca,
      I will start fish oil again and more water.

Thanks,

George

Comment

standard Restasis dosage

Also, George. . .Isn't the standard Restasis dosage twice daily? If that is what your prescribing doctor recommended, please try to increase to twice a day. . .This may make a big difference, if you give it a little time. . .

As you know, I am a huge fan of moisture chambers, but I will be the first to say that they do not provide the maximum in protection from air. . .Can you remind me whether your eyeglass Rx is in the range that could be placed readily into a tight wraparound frame, like a Wiley, RecSpecs, or PanOptx? If so, maybe, if this is affordable, you can see whether a tighter seal, along these lines, improves your experience. . .

Wishing you lots of better days ahead, George. . .One thing I've learned is that my condition vacillates lots. . .I often have excellent stretches after a really bad time. . .I look forward to these, and WOW does this help. . .
        <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Thanks Rozjen,
          I think I found the problem: the eyelid massage I was doing recently was too gently. I changed it to pressing more serious and I am getting better.
          Definitely, the moisture chamber helps when almost everything else fails.
          Unfortunately I can't tolerate restatis more than once a day at bedtime so I stick with what I can....

BYW, are you still using restatis? How about Freshkote?

All best ,

George

Comment

that's good news; link to my FreshKote experience update

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...ight=FreshKote

Good to hear you're doing better with the revised lid scrub approach, George! To answer your q. about how I'm doing since switching from Restasis to FreshKote, see the above link. . .
            <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Working...
            X