Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact lens question

I was just wondering a few things....

Does anyone believe that contacts caused their dry eye?

If so how long did you where them and what kind?

I was considering trying contacts again and Iwas wondering if a kind other than the one i previously tried will have a better impact of my eye and not but me in the same mess that I was previously in.

Hi Dryeye22,

I think there are some other threads on this subject if you do some searching. I definitely think wearing contact lenses was responsible in part for my dry eyes and blepharitis, etc. I wore them from about 28 to 48, so 20 years or so. I think they were Bausch and Lomb and they were soft contact lenses. Initially I wore the type you kept in for a week, then took out and cleaned and put back in. This includes nighttime. I used to wake up with the contacts glued to my eyes and would have to put drops in first thing to get my eyes opened... At about 45, my eyes were starting to get really irritated so I began using endless drops, endless brands, including those with BAC. I did this due to the dryness, but initially mostly due to the redness of my eyes. YUCK! The doctors who consult on this website have provided some interesting input regarding the different types of contacts you can get now, however, I haven't paid much attention as I now where contacts once or twice a year for VERY VERY VERY SPECIAL OCCASIONS. They torture my eyes the whole time pretty much!! Oh well. Things can ALWAYS BE WORSE!!!

Comment

Working...
    X