So far so good for me SLK, Ocular Rosacea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So far so good for me SLK, Ocular Rosacea

I haven't written for a while but thought I would to let those know that I did find successful treatment and this site helped me get it!

Dr. Marian Macsai (already listed on this site) diagnosed me with SLK and Ocular Rosacea and I have now been using the low dose steroid Alrex and Restasis with good results. I also take Clarinex for my allergies as I do think mine is related to allergies. Keeping my house dust free is a challenge and I use a steamer to kill dust mites in rooms every few months. When it gets dusty my eyes start itching and I start getting redness and symptoms.

I am waiting to see if winter makes a difference as it is still mold season here. If it doesn't I may get plugs, but right now it has been very manageable. Alrex is a much lower dose than Pred Forte, and it has not affected my pressure and I only use it twice a day as I use the Restasis.

As I mentioned previously I cleanse my face and eyes with Eucerin's Rosacea Relief gel.

For 6 months I could barely go outside and spent a lot of money on over-the-counter drops and saw many doctors. Now I hardly use the over the counter drops. (compared to every half hour it was so bad at times) I use them a few times a week, depending on the humidity level.

I do take Flax Seed oil or Cod Liver oil (1 tablespoon a day) also.

However, I cannot go outside with any wind unless I have my Panoptyx on. I was able to purchase one design of Panoptyx that does not distort as I am very very very near sighted although they look like motorcycle goggles as they do not have the extra thin lenses. They had to beg them to make them for me.

I have not had to wear them inside as I did during the summer months.

So there is hope out there! Hope most people can find a solution and not give up!

Being a Stevens Johnsons Survivor mine was not the easiest case and I have no autoimmune diseases. Dr. Macsai listened...and was thorough in her examination. My rosacea is not obvious as I am not that fair.

Thanks for the update-----it's good to hear that you're doing better. It really makes a huge difference to find a good doctor and the right combination of medications for one's individual symptoms.

Calli

Comment

Working...
    X