losing eyelashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• losing eyelashes

I have had dry eye for 2 years and 2 months ago after using cleanser to wash my eyemakeup off~ staph blepharitis. The blepharitis has seemed to clear up but my dry eye is much worse and causing me to lose approx. 3-5 lashes per day. I have been on Restasis for 3 weeks and am very concerned because the lash loss has not eased up. My symptoms are itching along the lash line and eyes, intermittent burning and redness. I am 39 and female. Please let me know if you have any suggestions (I have seen 4 opthamologists and all seem to think that I had mild bleph and mild dry eye and that my follicles look robust and healthy). Why the lash loss and will it stop? What about demodex mites? Thank you in advance for your help!!

My lashes were falling out two when I first got dry eye. I found the using warm compresses, washing my eyes with baby shampoo, and using a q-tip to clean the lids have stopped the process.

Comment

eye lashes

Mine have also fallen out, and when some of them have grown back they are straight and have a strange shape. My doctor told me they will probably never be the same. I miss the days of when I had long thick lashes.

Comment

Working...
      X