Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Questions from newbie poster

I have two questions that I'd like some help with. Here goes:
    1. Is anyone aware of a type of sunglasses that would fit very close to a person's head (mine) and also accommodate bifocal lenses? I currently have a pair of sunglasses with 'no-line' bifocals. When I got them the folks said that the frames that I picked have the most curve possible that will still support a no-line bifocal. I'm interested in protecting my eyes from wind. I'd be willing to go to a lined bifocal. But I'd have to think pretty hard about going to a single vision lens.
    2. Is it possible that my dry eye problem can be made worse because I sit next to a lamp on my left side? My left eye is much worse of a problem than my right. As the days have gotten shorter I've noticed than in the morning and at night when I'm sitting with the light on that in a fairly small amount of time my left eye starts to get sore. I'm just not sure that this is a coincidence or if the light is a significant factor.

Thanks for any help.

Here is a profile of my eye-care regimen:
    • Take a shower and wash my hair as soon as I get up.
    • One drop of Restasis in each eye
    • One capsule of flaxseed oil
    • Warm compresses a few time a day (left eye only)
    • Systane drops throughout the day (left eye only)
    • One drop of Restasis in each eye
    • One capsule of flaxseed oil
    • FML ointment in each eye at bedtime

1. Well I stopped by the optometrist to look at some sun glass option. A single vision glass can have the most curve. Lined bifocal is next. Then no-line bifocal. However, the person at the shop showed me an interesting pair from Bolle. They have a significant curve around the side and fit close to the head. Then they have an 'insert' that fits on the inside of the glass. This insert is what has the corrective lenses. Pretty slick idea.
    2. There must be something to this. I've asked my wife to see about re-arranging the lamp so that the light comes from behind me.

Comment

1. My suggestion is go to www.heavyglare.com (sunray optical) and call one of there people. I got some sunglasses from them a while back and supposedly they specialize in fitting wrap glasses with script.

2. moving it is an easy enough thing to try... I know light doesnt really affect me. however if there were air blowing from left to right it would make my "more exposed" left eye worse than my right.

bassfan

Comment

Working...
      X