really bad dry eye.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really bad dry eye.

about 1 month after i turned 50 (female) my eyes got a film over them i used drops and they seem to be a little better. i could always see out of my right eye but not my left. i have been using some ointment at night to keep them from drying out. now that it is cooler at night they seem to be getting worse again. i got some genteal gel to put in them during the day and it helps to stop them from being so dry. i have no insurance to go to the doc to get a Rx for me. can someone help and tell me the best OTC meds to use. i am getting desperate.

It may take time for you to find a drop that works for you. There are some good ones out there, Genteal being one of them. Many use it to get through the night. Dry eye seems to be a very personal condition. One drop that works for someone may not help another.

I don't use a lot of over-the-counter drops, but can say I like the Refresh products and Systane.

You may also want to do warm compresses morning and night. Do a search on this site and you'll find many techniques for doing these.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

which one of each. night time drops or what do you think is best.
      also i have a slight film on my eyes to. any suggestions?

Comment

I know nothing about film on the eye, unless it is excessive dryness on the surface causing a blur. It could also be cataracts. It would be best for you to see a doctor.
        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Working...
        X