Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little scared... am I worrying over nothing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little scared... am I worrying over nothing?

For more than a week now my right eye (which has also always been my better eye) has had this pressure-like feeling in it, and it feels a little more swollen than normal, and my top eyelid has been twitching nonstop all day, every day!

I don't know if it's just because i've been a little stressed b/c of school or if it is something more serious. i'm not going home until thanksgiving, but if y'all think it is something to worry about, feel free to speak up and i'll try and find an eye doctor here... i don't want this to be something big or to mess up my eye problems more. does anyone know what could be causing this? has anyone had this happen to them before?
    -Amy

Hi,

Out of interest, a pal of mine had what he described to me as a "pressure" feeling in both of his eyes for a period of a month or so........then it just went away and he's been fine ever since!

Ian.

Comment

hey amy

That actually happened to me but with my lower eyelid. It would not stop twitching at all. So I visited my brother's neurologist and he said it was due to stressing the muscles around the eye. He said that even though I may not be squinting, having dry eye stresses the muscles around the eye. He told me to be extra careful with my eyes and use a lot more drops and cold compresses. It cleared up in a month or so.

Comment

Could be stress, sinus or migraine like symptoms. Why don't you visit an Optometrist, you really don't want to take risks with eyes. Pressure in the eye is linked to Glaucoma but I don't think that is painful. Twitching sounds like stress and is very annoying.
        Regards.
        Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

thanks for the advice! hopefully, everything will end up ok!
          -Amy

Comment

Twitching sounds like stress and is very annoying
            Amy, I think this person's assessment sounds reasonable. I think almost everyone has this sensation at some point in their life. Sometimes it goes on for a few minutes and stops. Other times, it seems to go on for weeks and is very annoying. Try pressing your finger against the skin where the twitch begins. I've done this while the lid is twitching and it seems to put a little pressure on the nerve and cause it to "straighten up." I would not be worried, but if you think something serious is going on, see your eye doc when you're home from college. Lucy
            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

amy,
              You may want to have your eye care provider perform a pressure check on your eye. An acute onset of Glaucoma is not good. the pressure check is painless and only takes seconds to do.

Comment

I have recently noticed a twitch in my left lower eyelid. I can see it move in the mirror sometimes. The twitch lasts maybe a few seconds and then subsides. This happens maybe 3 or 4 times a day. I am pretty sure it is related to my dry eye, but not exactly sure how. I did read somewhere that this is pretty common and not (usually) a cause for concern.

Comment

Working...
                X