Morning dry eye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning dry eye?

My eyes have really been getting better to the point where I don't have to use drops throughout the day. I only use drops when I put my contacts. The 1 a day contacts actually work pretty good. But some days I wake up and my eyes are so dry I can hardly stand to blink. This means that I can't put my contacts in in the morning so I have to go back to glasses on them days.

My question is is there anything I can do to prevent my morning dryness. I have been taking fish oil and that has been working pretty good. any ideas?

Try using GenTeal Gel or an ointment in your eyes at night. Run a humidifer in your bedroom. Try the Tranquil Eyes goggles with moisture pads.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

SMB,

I think it's a good idea to put a quality eye drop in your eyes as soon as you wake. I tend to think when my eyes suffer from nighttime and morning dryness, they are more succeptible to damage from my lid sticking to my eye.

What drops do you use?
      Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

You can also try using castor oil. That is what I used to use and it works well. The only thing is that it dirties up your eyelids. Try to put the castor in the eye more than onto the lid if possible.

Comment

I wonder if it matters to sleep in completely dark room? Like thats what Im trying figure out is will it help my eyes if i goto bed earlier or something.

Comment

I use refresh plus, and there-tears day and night drops. And i use Refresh re wetting drops for contacts. I bought some lacri-lube but I don't really like it and probably won't use it all.

Comment

Working...
            X