Post implant questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post implant questions

I recently had cataract surgery on both eyes. Initial result was great - 20/15 vision and no problems. I continued with prescribed drops for 3 weeks. I now have extreme light sensitivity to the point of being unable to drive my car in the morning night, but problem lessens later in the day. My MD diagnosed tissue inflammation 3 weeks ago and prescribed a refill of the steroid drops, OTC dry eye drops I choose. Problems have not decreased, if anything I am even more sensitive to computer and TV light. My eyes were somewhat dry before surgery, now I'm wondering if I simply have a case of dry eye. Could my light sensitivity be due to DE? I have no discomfort during sleep, but it begins once my eyes are open.

Toots, you need to see your doctor about this. You are 3 weeks out from IOL surgery and IF there is a problem, now is the time to address it. No one on this board can give you the answer you need.

I've had one cataract surgery and have one more needed. Please see your doc right away. It may be nothing to worry about. If you wait a few weeks, it might be too late to address any problem you have. Good luck.

PS. Yes, you can have dry eyes after IOLs, but you can also have other problems.

Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
    X