Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good article on Skyscape about pipeline therapautic agents for dry eye and allergies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good article on Skyscape about pipeline therapautic agents for dry eye and allergies

I came across this article when surfing on the net and thought I would share it with you (hopefully it has not been posted before):

http://mediwire.skyscape.com/main/De...ticleID=460094

Greetings, Toril
    Last edited by Toril; 20-Nov-2007, 18:47. Reason: writing error

...I am aware of the fact that Rebecca has mentioned most of this in her pipline thread, but I just thought it was good to see that dry eye is getting more and more attention in the media.

Comment

Wish for new-proved Restasis:

-the company should provide an alternative vehicle for the cyclosporine---different than Refresh Endura--now that other oils have been shown to be superior to the castor oil in the product.

-they should just admit, finally, that people are using the vials multiple times to save money, and provide the "capping" style vial that is now found in almost all brands of PF drops. That old style is Old Fashioned---that's what was used when PF drops first came on the market.

Wish for research on different immunosuppressive drugs:

-there's GOT to be some more types than just Restasis. For example, I take a systemic immuno-modulator for my Sjogren's--the hydroxycloraquine sulfate. Why not study an extremely dilute topical form of this drug for dry eye, since it is a known fact that lymphocytes "invade" the lacrimal glands and damage them. (I know, it's a shocking example---given the ocular side effects of Plaquenil).

Just some thoughts from a frustrated Dry Eye Sufferer.

Calli

Comment

Working...
      X