Freshkote: my measurements are in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freshkote: my measurements are in

Promised I would update on any objective changes produced by my so-far 3-month course on Freshkote. . .Here goes:

Though I continue to do at least as well, symptomatically, on the Freshkote as I did on Restasis, with some additional subjective benefits (like no prolonged raw feeling, which, for me, follows Restasis dosing), my eye exam last week indicated no objective improvements so far. My tear break-up time is still about 0 seconds, and I am now showing some new conjunctival staining in one eye, which hasn't stained for a while. Corneal health still looks fine, but I had no fresh erosion problems going in to the Freshkote treatment.

Anyway, my doc agrees that I shall stick with the Freshkote, and continue to steer clear of Restasis for now, as subjective benefits are valuable.

Wish I had something more exciting to report. . .But conceivably, improved ocular surface health through Freshkote might still improve tear quality, over time. . .

I'm eager to see Dr. Holly participate here, if that is still in the works. . .Perhaps he can help us to establish appropriate expectations for his products, which really are unique. . .
    <Doggedly Determined>

Good News

Hi Rojzen,
    How often are you using Freshkote? I am assuming that you are doing regularly the lid scrubs.....and wearing MCG all day long.
    Good Luck and keep us posted!

PS Any idea where to find moisture panels like Dr. Perez's? I have eaglevision and they are very soft.

George

Comment

q.i.d.; rigid chambers; ThanksToDEZ Day

To answer, I'm using the FreshKote 4 times daily, and sometimes I add some Dwelle just before bed, and right upon opening eyes in the a.m. What I like about FreshKote most, perhaps, is that it provides rapid symptomatic relief, after instillation (following a quick occasional sting sensation). . .Since the FreshKote leaves lots of residue, I'm not doing more lid scrubs than ever. . .For me that actually means gentle massage of the external lids (only barely contacting margins) with a tear-free natural shampoo or baby wash. (I actually love Sterilid, because it produces a tingly warmth, but I can't afford it just now. . )

And yes, I continue with the moisture chamber glasses most of every day. . .For parties or the rare job interview, I don regular, non-chamber glasses. . .

Good question about the more rigid moisture panels that Dr. Perez uses, at Bascom Palmer. . .I have no idea how to get these, but when I recently consulted my local optician Shragie Abramowitz, he was quickly able to locate, through his usual wholesale/professional optical supply sources, several varieties of plastic, some softer, some more rigid. . .Possibly these are available to the general public, but I'm not sure. . .I would simply Google for this on the web, and see who will sell to the public. . .

Happy Thanksgiving, dear friends. . .DEZ and the support we provide one another, here, are my personal top pick among things to be grateful for!
      Last edited by Rojzen; 22-Nov-2007, 13:07. Reason: omission
      <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Rojzen, thank you for another helpful update on your use of FreshKote. It's nice to know how often you use it. It is also interesting that you are noticing benefits from it that cannot be measured by standard practices. Perhaps down the road, practitioners and researchers will find new ways to assess this condition. Thanks, again!

--Liz

Comment

Working...
        X