Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the possible causes for DryEyePain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the possible causes for DryEyePain?

Hi All--- Just wondering what are all of the possible causes for DryEyePain?
    I know one of them is RCE (Recurrent Corneal Erosions). Are there any other causes that we should manage for the pain to go away (if not atleast reduced).

I have to stare at the computer (atleast for 4-5hrs) a day, so i really need to be able to manage the Pain/FlareUps, after discovering dryeyezone, i realized that knowledge is the best medicine to treat dry eyes, hence the post.

Thanks for the advice

Manage the cause, not the pain

I would be very, very careful about trying to manage dry eye pain without addressing the cause of the pain. I read a post several years ago (on another site) from someone whose brain surgery left him unable to sense pain in one of his eyes. As a result, he ignored the DES in that eye (also caused by the same surgery) and ended up with so much corneal damage it effectively blinded him.

I think it would be better to address the dryness that is causing the pain and let the pain subside as you improve the condition of your eyes. I recently added a good humidifier to my office (where I also work at a computer for hours on end). The results have been delightful. I measured the pre-humidifier humidity at 20% or less (my hygrometer doesn't seem to think that less than 20% is possible, but hey, I'm in Arizona ). I'm now able to get the humidity immediately around me up almost to 40%. I also consciously practice blinking while I'm working at the computer, since staring is one of the big contributors to dry eye and poor vision. These two steps have dropped my daytime drop use and increased my eye comfort significantly.

Comment

Working...
    X