Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endometriosis Flare and Eyes way less dry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endometriosis Flare and Eyes way less dry!

Was wondering whether anybody else has had problems with endometriosis and at the same time noticed that their eyes feel so much better? This has happened to me a couple of times. I wish that there were some way that I could be free of both problems at the same time. When my eyes are at their worst, my endo is calm and then the opposite happens.
    I have found that natural progesterone cream really helps to calm my endo but I can't find anything to calm the dry eyes.
    Any suggestions?
    Elaine

Endometriosis benefit is probably due to testosterone

I don't have endometriosis, but I read that high levels of testosterone are associated with it, and testosterone is beneficial for dry eye. So, what may be happening is that your testosterone levels increase during endometriosis episodes and decline when the endometriosis abates. You can verify this by asking your doc to order a blood test to assess your total testosterone level in both situations and comparing those test results.

You may be interested in reading the threads on this board about DHEA eye drops. I'm not a physician or a student of anatomy (although I'm rapidly acquiring my PhD in DES ), but DHEA is a steroid hormone that has 5% of the androgenic activity of testosterone (according to Leiterrx.com), so it may provide you the relief during your endometriosis-free periods that you get when your testosterone levels are elevated by this aggravating condition.

Comment

thoughts

Hi,

I used to have severe endometriosis. I have gone through menopause, a bit early for my age because of a hysterectomy. I think if you are feeling better when you having a flare it is because your estrogen levels are higher. My dry eye did not get to this point until I reached menopause and that of course means lower estrogen levels. Also, I think that is may also be related to low testosterone levels because my doctor wanted me to check this. Mine are in the normal range, but on the low side. You have to check the bioavailable testosterone.

This won't solve your dry eye problem, but might explain why you are having problems, I don't know. I am going to ask my doc about the DHEA drops to see if it might help me.
      Best wishes,
      dryeyes2

Comment

Working...
      X