Due to adverse weather conditions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Due to adverse weather conditions...

...we will have very uncertain phone and email coverage for The Dry Eye Zone / Shop today. If (I'm tempted to say at this point "when") we lose power that might mean tomorrow as well. Depending on the power and flooding situation this may set DryEyeShop shipments back by minimum one day. Seems like all the major highways/freeways have closures right now.

We're in Kitsap County (a peninsula between Seattle and the Olympic Peninsula). A freak mini-blizzard blew in yesterday morning while we were at church... we ended up having to abandon the car and walk the last half mile home. Today it's 25 degrees warmer and water, water, water everywhere. Looks like we may even break the all-time record for rainfall in one day.

Hope all of you in the region of the storm are staying home, safe, and dry.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

You live in a lovely area Rebecca
    We spent a marvellous holiday in Mount Vernon a few years ago and loved it , We saw Mount St Helens (or whats left of it )and Mt Rainier and the beautiful beaches and Islands of Pueget Sound- A very little known and unspoiled part of the USA
    We then spent a further holiday in Port Townsend on the Olympic Peninsular - We have friends there - What a special place !
    Hope the weather improves - We were there in the summer both times and got glorious weather
    I did not have dry eyes then - Also we loved Seattle and Victoria Island (over the border in Canada)
    I'd better stop or people will think i work for a travel agent

Comment

Stay safe Rebecca. I cannot believe what I am seeing and hearing on the news. My office was evacuated today due to flooding. Fortunately I was taking some time off today so I am snuggled in with my puppy and kitties, safe and sound. Take care!
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Stay safe Rebecca!

I was watching your area on the news tonight...the Pacific Northwest got the rain and wind and the Northeast got the snow...I think we have it easier than you do!

I was in the Portland, OR area about 7 years ago and fell in love with the Pacific Northwest...it felt so much like Maine. Beautiful and friendly place! I'll always remember the Scot's Broom in bloom on every hillside.

Hope things get back to normal soon and that you weather the storm okay.

Natalie

Comment

Good luck, Rebecca!
          Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Update:

Everything fine here, but shipments are delayed. Bremerton, which is just south of us, got almost 11 inches of rain in 24 hours. All the trucks go through Bremerton to get to the airport but our main connecting highway is closed in parts due to mudslides & flooding. Fedex were not running yesterday and today they can't even give me status updates on anything. Hopefully back to normal again soon.

It was kind of a crazy day and I'm using that as an excuse for not having done the Monday bulletin yet. I'll get to it yet though.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Good Grief

I haven't seen the news today. Rebecca, we vacationed in the area you live in about 15 years ago. Beautiful beautiful place. Bremerton was one of my favorites, we began and ended our trip there.

Stay safe, stay dry and don't worry about us.

Billye

Comment

Working...
              X