ocular rosacea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ocular rosacea

i have had ocular rosacea for over 2 years now, main problem i think is my lids are swelled, which has caused some blepharitis and mgd problems, my schirmer scores are always in double digits, but i guess i have a pretty fast evaporation problem, i wore gas perm lenses for about 20 years, but have resorted to glasses for the last 2 years. I am throwing around the idea, of maybe trying to get back into contacts, but am not sure if it will be a really dumb idea or not. i tried and actually bought the boston sclerals, but they have been in the bathroom closet for about 6 months now, never could get used to the size of the darn things. just looking for some feedback, on whether i am just wasting time or money, or if there is a certain lens that i may be able to get by with. thanks for the help.

contacts

Ronnie,

I was diagnosed with ocular rosacea and was out of contacts (was wearing rgps) for over a year. I found a good optometrist a month ago and have been wearing lenses REGULARLY with NO PROBLEMS since then. I wear either acuvue daily moist or purevisions. Sometimes one works better than the other so I like to have both. My eye doctor swears that this is a sensitive eye regimen and that as long as I wear them 12 hours or less per day, I am not harming my eyes. Hope he's right! I do notice that my eyes do not look red or feel irritated when I wear them.

I have one punctal plug, twice daily restatis, 100 mg/day of doxy, but I am tapering, daily lid scrubs and compresses. I also take fish oil, mulitvitamin, calcium and magnesium, black currant seed oil, and probiotics to offset the doxy. Something is working, but I don't know what!

Comment

Working...
    X