Dry Skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Skin

I started getting REALLY dry skin around the same time I developed dry eye. Is there an underlying condition that could be the cause of both my dry eye and dry skin? I've already been tested all the obvious dry eye diseases. Thanks!

I also have had dryish skin and dry eyes for many years. Some Drs have suggested that there is probably a link, however they have not offered any more on this.

It could possibly be dietary...but I do believe that the whole food intolerance(particularly wheat allergy) business..is exactly that...a business.
    It would seem that 99.9% of the world are intolerant to wheat if you believe the "experts".

Rory

Comment

Dry skin and dry eye can both be exacerbated by low ambient humidity levels. Are you taking fish oil supplements? They are supposed to help with both. Hypothyroidism can cause dry skin, so you could get checked for that if you are concerned.

There is a new moisturizer called CeraVe that is very good. It mimics the skin's natural lipids. Get the cream, in the tub, and apply it 2 or 3 times a day. I wish there was an eye drop that worked as well in the eyes!

Kathel

Comment

Thank you for the posts! Yes, I have been tested for pretty much every conceivable condition related to dry eye, including hypothyroidism. I will definitely pick up some CereVe lotion though. Its not just ordinary dry skin either - its so dry that I get little bumps on my back and a pins and needles feeling there too OR I feel like my shirt is made of sandpaper. Its not all the time, it comes and goes, but my eyes are worse when my skin feels dry.

Comment

I hope the ceraVe helps you. Make sure to get the cream, not the lotion. It's more hydrating. Good luck!

Kathel

Comment

Seborrheic dermatitis goes hand in hand with blepharitis
            Seb dermatitis causes dandruff 'though you can get it other areas of the face- like sides of the nose and behind the ears ,and in skin folds on the body
            I have dandruff and MGD which i think is seborrheic in origin.I would also get it a bit down the sides of my nose and behind my ears
            I have a v dry skin and have to use moisturisers a lot
            You just have to keep it under control - It may be hormonal in origin or caused by a yeast infection --

Comment

I definitely have both dry eyes and dry skin. I put two eye creams as near to my eyes as possible and by the time I get to work the skin around the eyes is sooo darn dry already. I keep a little tube of eye cream at work in my office and one in my purse too... Also I can put very nice heavy duty moisturizer on my arms for instance, then an hour later at work it is very dry again. I do the fish oil.... I think I'll try some CeraVe cream too! Thanks!

Comment

Dry skin and eyes

I, too have very dry skin and dry eyes. No doctor has been able to tell me the nature of my dry eyes. But my dry eye and dry skin seemed to start overnight. When my skin is at its worse, I can't even wear makeup to work because my skin just flakes off and is cracked and patchy looking. When my skin it really bad my eyes seem to be really bad also. I will be looking for CeraVe also. Anything is worth a try.
                Thanks
                Jematal

Comment

Working...
                X