X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oracea

get ready for ocular oracea
    December 12th, 2007, by Digital Davo | doxycycline, ocular rosacea, oracea

Thanks for the tip from Ben. A clinical trial listed for treating both facial and ocular rosacea with Oracea suggests that Oracea might soon be marketed directly as an ocular rosacea treatment.

This phase 2 trial’s purpose is to determine the safety and efficacy of sub-antimicrobial dose doxycycline in the treatment of patients who have both blepharitis and facial rosacea.

The trial is due to complete in July 2008. The conditions treated include Blepharitis, Meibomianitis & Dry Eye. Interestingly the trial participants will take either oracea or a placebo for a period of 84 days. This suggests that 3 months is a reasonable treatment period for Oracea.

We know that Collagenex holds up to 6 patents relating to Oracea. One of these patents, which was highlighted by Rosacea News in May 2006, covers treating ocular and facial rosacea at the same time with one treatment.

A survey from the NRS suggested that eye symptoms are often undiagnosed in rosacea sufferers. Additionally some sufferers of facial rosacea are only diagnosed when their opthamologist finds one of the related conditions such as blepharitis or meibomianitis.

Extending the marketing reach of Oracea to be a FDA approved treatment for ocular rosacea is another sign that Collagenex are serious about growing the market for their products. Even though doxycycline is not new science, it is still a good thing if the revenues generated by Oracea can be re-invested in developing promising new-styled treatments like Sansrosa/COL-118.

Anyone tried Oracea yet

I went to the dermatologist 2 months ago and was given samples of three different products, one of which was Oracea. I haven't tried it because I am scared since I am trying to get pregnant. MD said it was ok to take until I got pregnant, but I was still hesistant. Anyone had significant decrease in eye redness with this product? (Oracea- 30 mg immediate release doxy and 10 mg sustained release doxy)

Comment

Originally posted by Niteyorkie
      I went to the dermatologist 2 months ago and was given samples of three different products, one of which was Oracea. I haven't tried it because I am scared since I am trying to get pregnant. MD said it was ok to take until I got pregnant, but I was still hesistant. Anyone had significant decrease in eye redness with this product? (Oracea- 30 mg immediate release doxy and 10 mg sustained release doxy)
      Is oracea just doxycycline tablets?
      I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Working...
      X