azasite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• azasite

Well, first of all I hope everyone had a very nice Christmas.........I have just finished my 9 day azasite routine. My eyes have never felt better. They don't water half as much, the swelling has went down and they are much more comfortable. They are , however still red, but they feel a whole lot better. It used to be when I fell a sleep for 20 minutes a day, I would wake up and they would really never recover. The azasite has changed that. When I wake in the morning for the last 25 years I would feel as if I was in a 15 round boxing match, and there would be days when I really never got them to feel good. The azasite has made them feel so so much better in the mornings and during the day. Like I said they are still red in the morning and during the day a bit, but a whole lot more comfortable. I have rededicated myself to Dr. Latkany's q-tip procedure and have been taking fish oil for the last month. As he said this is a slow procedure, but just keep doing it. I do , however fear stopping azasite, but we will see. I have a follow up with Dr. Latkany the second week of January, so we will see. Good luck to all. From my expierence I am an advocate of azasite. One more thing. During the last nine days I have not put any tears in my eyes or done any lid scrubs. They always seemed to hurt me anyway.

..what preservative does Azasite contain? Isn't it BAK? Then it shouldn't be used long term....

Why don't they make this drop in preservative single vials? I really wonder. I would really like to try this drop, but I am allergic to BAK.

Toril

Comment

That's great news!! I'm glad that you found something that helped you feel better and that that continues even when you get off the azasite. Keep us updated on your progress =)

Comment

Originally posted by Toril
        ..what preservative does Azasite contain? Isn't it BAK? Then it shouldn't be used long term....

Why don't they make this drop in preservative single vials? I really wonder. I would really like to try this drop, but I am allergic to BAK.

Toril
        Yes it is BAK. Single vials would be great.

Comment

Is azasite basically doxycillen ?
          If so Leiters do unpreserved doxycillen drops

Comment

No, AzaSite is a macrolide antibiotic called azithromycin.

Comment

Thanks for that info Elli

Comment

Working...
              X