Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two questions: bandage lenses + cyclosporine

Hey all,

I have two questions right now and I hope somebody can answer them.

1) I have taken Restasis for 8 months and then I switched to 2% cyclosporine for 4 months. I haven't noticed any improvement during that time (or maybe the improvement was that the dry eye didn't become worse, but I cannot tell that) and now I stopped using these drops at all. How long does it take until the effect wears off? I mean, I haven't used the drops for one week now and my eyes haven't become worse, so can I assume that the drops haven't helped at all or is it too early to say?

2) This is about bandage lenses. I know there are a lot of threads about that but I'm still confused. Who should wear them??? I mean, what kind of dry eye will benefit from them?I'm in Europe and doctors keep telling me that bandage lenses are hardly ever used etc...BUT I know through this forum that this is not true, Americans seem to be ahead of us. Anyway, can somebody please describe me what kind of dry eyes would benefit from these lenses? I have Sjögren (but my Schirmer shows lots of reflex tears) and I also have blepharitis. If anybody knows a doctor in Europe who fits bandage lenses, please let me know!!!

I just need to find a solution for me soon. I'm still at university but soon I'll have to start working and I just don't know how- I need drops every 10mins (even though I have plugs), my eyes are horribly red and the pain is really bad on some days.

Thanks a lot for your help!!!
Working...
X