Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyes super itchy

Hey Everyone,

Recently my eyes have become super itchy. They never did in the past just the normal pain, I haven't changed anything as far as treatment, environment its the middle of winter here so everything is dead as far as allergies plus its been cold for awhile so that hasn't changed etc. Any thoughts?

How do you cope with the itchy? It is unbearable and I try my hardest not to touch them and itch but everyone once in awhile I do it subconsciously.

Also what do you do about the skin around the eyes, it is getting sore from the drops etc. Any good moisturizers that won't aggrevate the eyes? Does the cucumber thing work?

Originally posted by GLS
    Also what do you do about the skin around the eyes, it is getting sore from the drops etc.
    Notably this could be caused by using BAC drops which is irritating the skin as well as the eyes. If you are putting in drops which overrun the eyes it means you are putting in too much - less is more, I try to use a tiny quantity of eye drop.
    Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

Originally posted by brd888
      Notably this could be caused by using BAC drops which is irritating the skin as well as the eyes. If you are putting in drops which overrun the eyes it means you are putting in too much - less is more, I try to use a tiny quantity of eye drop.

I use theratears in the vial. And 1 drop will run over once I close my eye, quad plugged.....

Comment

Winter allergens

Don't be so sure that there are no allergens around...do you still have a Christmas tree sitting in your house? Or wreaths? They produce a LOT of mold spores and lots of people are allergic to them. I found out I was because my eyes were itching a lot, too. If you have one in the house, get rid of it...better yet, have someone else do it for you.

Comment

Any change to hair products, or laundry detergent, or any facial products?

Dry eyes are more vulnerable to just about everything because they do not have a healthy tear layer acting as a shield. It does not take much to set off a reaction.

Cold gelpack is good for itchy eyes. Also, Similasan (homeopathic) allergy drops can be helpful for the itchies IMO. Also, rinsing with chilled Unisol.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris
            Any change to hair products, or laundry detergent, or any facial products?

Dry eyes are more vulnerable to just about everything because they do not have a healthy tear layer acting as a shield. It does not take much to set off a reaction.

Cold gelpack is good for itchy eyes. Also, Similasan (homeopathic) allergy drops can be helpful for the itchies IMO. Also, rinsing with chilled Unisol.

Is Unisol saline solution? Never used saline before (no contacts) do I just squirt it in my eye?

Comment

Working...
            X