Eye lashes falling into the eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye lashes falling into the eyes

After I do my warm washcloth rutine + rinsing with an eye drop and pat dry with a tissue (the excess eye drops) I ussually get an eye lash faling into my eye.
    When I'm at home and catch it right away, alsmost before falling, often still on the eye lid, it's peice of cake.
    But when I'm at work and put eye drops then wipe with a soft tissue, if I get an eye lash into my eye is more difficult.
    By the time I go to the ladies room, wash my hands etc, the eye lash is way inside my eye, very hard to take it out!

Sometimes it goes all the way into the corner between the eye ball and almost below the eye lid or inner corner.

The way I remove it is first with tons of eye drops, if it doesn't get out, I get a soft tissue and make a tiny point and take the eye lash.
    My eye hurts after that.

How can I avoid getting eye lashes in my eye, it happens too often, after the eyelid massage or after using eye drops.

I'll apprecaite any useful tip. I'm possibly not alone with this inconvenience.
    Dr eyes caused by long term contact lens wear

Hi, Maria.

I never had such problems with getting things in my eyes as I have since I have started with all of the fuss and drops. What works for me is to blink a lot and for a long time. It works its way out and often sticks on the outer lid margin, waiting to be pulled off easily but feeling irritating all the while.

--Liz

Comment

For me

the best thing is to flood my eye ASAP with the drops going toward the nose. I keep a bottle of saline just for doing this. The eyelash usually will run right out. If it stays in there too long, I'd be afraid of it doing some damage.

Billye

Comment

Eye drops can be pretty viscous, so they might not be the best choice for flushing your eyes. Unisol (unpreserved saline solution) is really good for washing stuff quickly out of your eyes.

Comment

Working...
        X