eye lid creasing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eye lid creasing

Ok this may be really insane but a month ago one of my eyelids started creasing in a different place - so now it creases in both this new and old place - I know this can happen with age but this sort of happened overnight. (I've had my dry eye issues around 6 months)

Have any other dry eye peops had something like this? I'm not really worried about it, it's actually my less-dry eye that it's happened in, it feels weird sometimes but it doesn't hurt. I'm presuming it's just my skin changing but I thought I'd ask if anyone recognizes something like this!!!!
    just keep swimming...

I have had this same thing happen. It started a long time ago (and so did my dry eye), and I do think there might be some correlation. It is like the lid doesn't fold up right anymore or in the same place. I used to try to fix it with a finger because it felt better to fold up the old way, but after doing this for a long time I gave up because now it has a new way on its own. So now, both eyelids look different from one another. I tried telling this phenomenon to a doctor about 20 years ago and of course got nothing but strange looks.

Comment

I can imagine on the strange looks, that's undoubtedly what my eye doctor would do, - I knew after panicking about it for half a day it wasn't worth it and I just ignored it...as if I asked him he'd just give me a look... Hmm, glad someone else had the experience, it's the same here, one eyelid now doesn't match but I've gotten used to the new way it folds...
      just keep swimming...

Comment

Same here

My left eye is the same, I was going to go to the doctors about it but feel I live there and no one seems to notice it but me!

When I look in the mirror my left eyelid is lower than my right now and I think it makes my eye look smaller.

Maybe it is dry eye or age I am not sure, I thought I was the only one.

Comment

interesting, see we have a little club going on here...!!!! I sort of hope I'm the only one who notices, I think so, I don't think people really look at both your eyes at the same time...

I think the only connection I can think of is with graves disease - where overactive thyroid can cause your eyes to protrude, I know that sometimes people with this end up having surgery to lower eyelids because they're not closing properly. But as far as I know, I don't have this at all. It's on my list to get my non-eye doc to check though.
          just keep swimming...

Comment

Working...
          X