Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crying from Dryness

Hello,

I have Sjogrens syndrome and realize that my eyes cry from dryness. These are not the right tears and burn when I start to cry. I wondered if the people with Sjogrens usually experience this? I know we are all different so I wondered if this is usual with the disease. BTW trying the scleral lens next month.
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

I have Sjogren's also, but I don't have that symptom very often. Maybe when the dry eyes first started. I remember thinking my own tears were "toxic" at one point.

I'm doing much better now, and the inflammation is almost gone. My eyes are still dry, but they're not "aggravated." I still have trouble sleeping--my eyes go bone dry at night, so they wake me up all the time (to put in more gel or drops). Daytimes are OK though.

Good luck with the sclerals.

Calli

Comment

I have Sjogrens and my eyes are mostly just dirt dry. There are times, however, that may last for a week or two when it seems I have the tears you speak of. They do not help your eyes and are an annoyance to wipe away all the time. I think it's due to climate conditions, environment, allergies etc. Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
      X