Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying

Hi All:

I am flying tomorrow (first time since Dry eye started) and was wondering if any had some good tips. I am bringing drops (do I need to get a note from doctor to bring aboard???) and bought a new pair of tranquileyes. But any other tips would be greatly appreciated since I am totally scared. I tolerate being in a car fairly well but am super scared how the flight is going to be. Thanks all and best wishes!
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Originally posted by kcoffiner View Post
    Hi All:

I am flying tomorrow (first time since Dry eye started) and was wondering if any had some good tips. I am bringing drops (do I need to get a note from doctor to bring aboard???) and bought a new pair of tranquileyes. But any other tips would be greatly appreciated since I am totally scared. I tolerate being in a car fairly well but am super scared how the flight is going to be. Thanks all and best wishes!

i used last week systane 10 min. before the flight and during it theratears drops....every hour or so....hope this helps

p.s. you don't need notes from the doctor....you can bring any liquid that is under 100ml so drops are fine

Comment

Make sure you put all liquids in a single quart-sized CLEAR plastic ziplock bag and keep it handy for when you go through security.

You are not supposed to have anything over 3 oz. on US domestic flights. I travel with 4 oz bottles of Unisol for my sclerals because they don't come any smaller than that and have not at least in recent memory had anyone question it.

Goggles are very helpful in flight (anything from onion goggles to Panoptx) for viewing movies etc because long flights can be awfully tedious if you're keeping your eyes shut the whole time.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

great tips so far!

Also,...if you go somewhere where you don't think they'd have your particular eye drop, put as many as you can in your hand luggage opposed to main luggage - in case your bags are lost...! Many countries don't have the same ones...
        just keep swimming...

Comment

Almost forgot, have a look also at the Travel Forum for more tips.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Flying-Thanks all

Thanks all! I am also taking some sedatives for the flight! Plan to wear my tranquileyes while hopefully dosing off. Thanks all for answering.
            If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Comment

I always make sure I have plenty of drops, Genteal gel, and a sleepmask. I also take a washcloth so that I can wet it and clean off my lids and eyelashes after napping or resting my eyes with the gel (like I do in the mornings). Good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X