Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe getting somewhere

Hello again,

I've not been on here in a few months, last time I posted about my story everyone was so helpful. I did try all the ideas given, I bought myself a pair of TranquilEye goggles, really expecting some results, sadly, after the first week looking promising, the more I wore them the more red my eyes were in the morning, so I stopped using them. I also tried some eye tear drops, but didn't really notice any difference, except a hole in my wallet

So, really for the last month or two, I've not used anything, no compress in the morning/evening, no drops/tears, no goggles, no nothing. All I've done is tried to be careful with how I stress my eyes (I purchased an XBOX 360, but hey, I get bored, and it's put away at the moment) and wait for my hospital appointment.

And so this brings me to now, this morning I had appointment at the Eye Clinic at the Hospital. I was very nervous as I knew they were going to do some tests on my eyes, thankfully my gorgeous fiance came in with me and remembered everything he said, which I forget as I was not in the best frame of mind. After, testing my eyesight, then pulling my eyelids down and looking at them, he dropped some anaesthetic into my eye, saying it "it would sting for a few seconds" (my eyes are so sensitive I was there for a few minutes in some discomfort, with my fiance looking on rather worried) he then me told he wanted to test the pressure of my eyes by pressing them against some wierd looking gadget, at this point I told him point blank that i couldn't do it, really I just couldn't bring myself to do that to my eyes, they already hurt.

So anyway, after all that he's told me I have Atopic Conjunctivitis, my eyelids are apparently very inflammed (explaining why my eyes are so sore at night and in the morning) which is probably linked to my Asthma, (and we think personally maybe an allergy to my fiance's cat, gulp!), and I'm seeing my Doctor later to pick up some eye drops and gel which he wants me try for 3 months.

It's nice to put a name to what I have and be able to work on healing my eyes.

If you've got all the way to the end of this without falling asleep, I salute you and thanks for listening. I would go through the whole forum and see if others have got the same thing, but to be honest, my eyes are rather sore from this morning, and writing all this, so I'll just ask all you lovely people if you've had the same condition and what your outcome was with the medicine, and I'll come back on later after resting my eyes.

God Bless you all
    Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.

Good

Well lets hope this is the correct diagnosis! Was this an NHS doctor? How did you find his knowledge/manner? Was he sympathetic? I ask because I have only once been seen by an NHS Ophthalmologist. She was Indian and okay but a little dismissive of dry eye. However, this was before I had heard of "dry eye" - I thought maybe I had damage to the cornea or inner eyelid. After examination she said it was "just" dry eye. Ha! Maybe coming up for 2 years later its no longer "just" dry eye and needs more investigation. Other folks experience on here of NHS is mixed and more often than not, negative.

I think I've all the tests you had - the pressure test I had felt like a puff of air on the eye. I've had lids rolled down and examined but nothing was seen.

Good luck,
    Bruce
    Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

This was indeed the NHS, I had to wait a while for this appointment, but I guess that's the same for everyone. He was quite nice, seemed to know what he was talking about, one of the first things he commented on was how dry they were.
      He seemed 100% that I have Atopic Cunjunctivitis, and it does seem to tally up with things that I'm dealing with, allergys, asthma, inflammed eyelids etc.

Oh and I'm going back in 3 months time after this medication period, so I can't say he's trying to dismiss it, thankfully.

Well done for taking the pressure test, why don't you ask your GP if you can make another appointment Bruce, see what they say now, maybe with another doctor lol.
      Last edited by Tetley; 21-Jan-2008, 12:03. Reason: I like editing :P
      Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.

Comment

I'm glad to hear you're getting further with diagnosis. It's a good reminder to us all that we need to be under good care and get other conditions ruled out.

Just a note to all of us... Tranquileyes is a wonderful tool for various types of dry eye and related conditions - every day I get new stories from people whose lives have been turned around - but it is NOT suitable for use by people with certain other eye conditions going on - esp. infections, conjunctivitis, etc. If your doctor is not familiar with TQ then please take it and show him/her so they know what you're using just in case they have any concerns.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

That kind of backs up the Atopic Conjunctivitis then, as I really didn't get on with Tranquileyes (a shame as I was really hoping for an improvement wearing those goggles).

Anyone on here got the same Conjunctivitis as me? Care to share you story, or anything that helps? Have you got better or worse after trying the medication?

And also, any ideas whether my actual dry eye itself might lessen if I can get rid of this Conjunctivitis?

Peace

Comment

Working...
          X