Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blepharitis Problem

Hi

I have a friend who believes she has blepharitis. She has been to 4 doctors and only the last doctor stated she had clogged eye glands. She uses drops, from 10 to 30 times a day.

She has two questions.

1) How can she unclog the eye glands? She has been using the book that is suggested by the dry eye zone and so far nothing. She uses the drop, no preservatives. She has the hot rice bag, but still nothing. Any suggestions?

2) Is she addicted to the eye drops? She uses so many and wonders if the drops are bad or just making the problem worse?

Many Thanks. This is a great site for eye problems.

Rick

Questions, questions...

How long has she been doing the eye spa routine? It can take weeks or months to clear things up. Also, it can be overdone (too frequent, too hot) making inflammation and discomfort worse.

Was she diagnosed with blepharitis?

What did the first three doctors say she had? Maybe there is a clue - maybe other condition(s) going on.

Originally posted by mrrickers View Post
    She uses drops, from 10 to 30 times a day.... She uses so many and wonders if the drops are bad or just making the problem worse?
    It's my personal (non-medical) opinion that habitual dropping more than say once an hour can be harmful to some people... basically washing the good stuff (what little of it we have) out of our tears. Where possible, I think it's a good idea to try to cut back and see how it goes.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Ya when using warm compresses. You have use caution because so many things could make your inflammation worst. Like rice baggy being to hot. The rice bag could feel not hot enough to you but it is. Also how many times a day you use the rice baggy could bother your eyes.

I think the trick to curing your eye is using gentleness. When I first started to figure out ways to unclog my oil glands. I would do everything to the extreme. Sometimes little is better. So if i were you I would make your compresses more warmer less hotter. Try find some good techniques to do lid massages but I would be even more gentle with massages or it will make want to stop them altogether because you could do it to hard and cause pain to your eyeballs. Even with the littlest pressure its easy for that to happen.

This just sometimes I know from experience. Just remeber to much heat can hinder you and back fire.

edit: oh ya I forgot this is for your friend haha

Comment

Working...
      X