Dry Ey and Candida--Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Ey and Candida--Again

My dry eye started a shortly after I had potched cosmetic eye surgery and cheek inplants that going in through both the lower lid and the inner mouth. I also developed oral candida around the same time. Standard candida treatments have never fully cleared it up, but they did improve the condition temporarily and during those brief periods of improvement I believe my eyes improved also. I have no obvious in my eye or on my cornea, but I wonder I have somehow have candida on or in my eye lids. My doctor was skeptical and said there was no way to test for this. Since a number of people say the developed dry eye after lasik surgery and I've read that some eye surgeries do lead to fungal infections, I'm not convinced that there is no connection between dry eye and candida of the lids or eye areas aside from the cornea. Does this makes sense or strike a note to anyone? Many thanks. Eva

Eva, I don't know how to tell if you have candida in your eyes, but if you have candida anywhere in your system, you can get rid of it by taking a really good quality pro-biotic. I highly recommend Natren's products. They're expensive but they're really good quality. I've been taking them for a year and a half and I haven't had a cold or flu the entire time. That's another plus of taking pro-biotics.
    By the way, pro-biotics are "good" bacteria that your body needs. A really good natural source of one of the biotics is yogurt, but you get much more of it in a supplement and you also get others besides the one that is in yogurt.
    If you do have candida, this will help. If you don't have candida, this won't hurt and it's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by NYer View Post
      A really good natural source of one of the biotics is yogurt
      For me, Lifeway pomegranate flavor Kefir. Yummmmmm. A swig or two of this makes a great mid-morning snack.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X