Base Curve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base Curve

Would a base curve of 9 (flat cornea) in a conventional 38% water vial lens still be 9 in the silicon hydrogel? None of them seem to come in that except for a very expensive tailor-made 02 Optix.

Zarla,

This is really not the appropriate forum to get answers for general contact lens related questions. Have you tried Optiboard?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

I did try OPtiboards but unless you're an eye care professional they're not interested and the general conversation threads are full of just that - unrelated chatter. I think this is a dry eye issue as if I didn't have dry eyes I wouldn't be searching around for contacts; I'd just be on the 55% water monthlies! Flat corneas seem to be sometimes associated with dry eyes from what I've read.

Comment

You've really got to ask an optometrist....
        just keep swimming...

Comment

I did and was just offered glasses. Here in the Uk, if you've got dry eyes they don't think you should wear contact lenses. When the Acuvue Dailies and Monthlies didn't work they just said I wasn't an appropriate candidate anymore and suggested Lasik. Great idea....not. I helped myself last time and will again; just a matter of trial and error. The UK opticians haven't heard of the different types available in the US. They tend to push their own brands, working on a commission basis.

Comment

Zarla, I do question your optician choice, i'm in a country with a tiny population and picking the right one, and yes the biggest one, I have found the right people - I'm selective who I talk to - and I'm clear with them what I want. The UK really can't be that bad...
            just keep swimming...

Comment

I'm not the only one from the Uk saying this...look at Rory's posts!

Comment

Working...
              X