Again With The Honey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again With The Honey

I FOUND THIS ARTICLE ONLINE - I'M EXCITED - ANYONE HAVE ANY MORE INFO?

Ophthalmology
    In ancient times honey from Attica had a special reputation as a curative substance for eye disorders2.
    Aristotle wrote in 350 BC in section 627a 3 of Historia Animalium7 that “White honey.... is good as a salve
    for sore eyes”. In India lotus honey in more recent times (1945) lotus honey was said to be a panacea for
    eye diseases8. Honey is also a traditional therapy in Mali for measles, it being put in the eyes to prevent the
    scarring of the cornea which occurs in this infection11.
    Meier has referred to honey being used to treat eyes discharging pus92. Sarma, an ophthalmic surgeon at
    Rangaraya Medical College, India, has been treating bacterial corneal ulcers with honey93. The use of honey
    to treat blepharitis (inflammation of the eye-lids), catarrhal conjunctivitis, and keratitis (inflammation
    of the cornea) has also been reported94: good results in general were obtained, with remission in more than
    60% of the cases. Another report has described the use of honey in place of petroleum jelly in a 3%
    sulfidine eye ointment for the treatment of three cases of keratitis95: significant improvement in one case
    and complete restoration of vision in the other two cases resulted from the treatment with honey, yet there
    had been no effect when treated with the 3% sulfidine in petroleum jelly. This same paper reported the
    successful treatment with the honey ointment of 28 patients with various ailments of the cornea, successful
    in all cases; also the effective treatment with honey of syphilitic keratitis, corneal ulcers, injuries to the
    cornea, and lime burns of the cornea. It also described a case where a lime burn of the cornea was treated
    with pure honey, with half-vision being restored in 12 days; and reported that several cases of scrofulous
    keratitis had responded to treatment with pure honey. Mozherenkov and Prokof'eva have reviewed the use of
    honey in ophthalmology in Russia96. Anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal actions are seen, the
    honey being applied to the eye under the lower eyelid. It has been used for chemical and thermal burns to the
    eye, conjunctivitis, and infections of the cornea, being applied undiluted or as a 20 – 50% solution in
    water.
    The results have been reported of treating 102 patients with a variety of ophthalmological disorders not
    responding to conventional treatment, such as keratitis, conjunctivitis and blepharitis97. The honey was
    applied under the lower eyelid as eye ointment would be applied. Improvement was seen in 85% of the cases,
    with no deterioration seen in any of the other 15%. There was reported a transient stinging sensation and
    redness of the eye soon after putting honey in the eye, but never enough to stop the treatment in the 102
    cases in the trial. A similar reaction was reported by one of the other authors describing the use of honey in
    ophthalmology95.

Honey!

Please let me know how you fare with this...I am all for homeopathic remedies! Good luck.

Comment

I have a friend who keeps bees and I got a jar today. I've used it 3x today since around 2:00 pm on my lower lid - just a smidge on my pinky finger. It's got viscosity - I don't need my artifiical tears yet, and my inflammation has gone down, but I am also on a steroid that I started yesterday so not sure what's working. I am willing to be a guinea pig and try this for a week and see if improvement.

Comment

I forgot to give the link to honey article:

http://www.zakibadr.org/honey.pdf

Comment

I'll give it a go, tried the vaseline and olive oil to no avail but always up for the attempt!

do you need to solid stuff really? And as pure as poss I guess.
          just keep swimming...

Comment

From what I've read: pure, raw honey is best

Comment

So? What were the results? Did anyone try the honey?

Comment

No, not yet....
                just keep swimming...

Comment

Working...
                X