Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Wrinkle of Nasal Side Conjunctiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Wrinkle of Nasal Side Conjunctiva?

I have read some of the posts about conjunctivachalasis (spelling?) and I was wondering if it is possible to have some slight wrinkling of the conjunctiva on the nasal side of one eye near the caruncula. The eye is always irritated and inflamed and painful. When I look in the mirror and roll my rt eye toward the nose I can see wrinkling that I don't see with the left eye. Does this make any sense and what options are there???

Thanks

In my five years on dry eye web sites, I have not found one person who has been changed by the amniotic membrane surgery to relieve the symptoms of conjunctivochalasis. I've seen posts from patients who are excited to be planning the surgery, but nothing positive afterward.

To my knowledge, it's the only procedure to treat such wrinkling. It is extremely expensive. I'm not even remotely convinced the so-called wrinkling is the culprit in eye discomfort. You might post a question to Dr. Latkany.

I could accept being proven wrong on this, and would be happy for anybody who found relief from amniotic membrane surgery.

Here's an interesting story.

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...iotic+membrane
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Thanks for the Reply

I have read the mixed reviews of the AMT. Are there any other options. Maybe just cut out some of the extra and reconnect? (just a thought) It is only in the rt eye nasal section.

Comment

What makes you so sure conjunctivochalasis is causing the problem? You need to post to a doc.
        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Working...
        X