Just got back from Eye Doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got back from Eye Doc

Good news is apparently my eyes look great (although don't feel great), my glands are soft and flowing nicely and I had no leisons in my eye for the first time.

Here is the bad news, I think it is time for a new eye doc. She really didn't have anything more for me on my pain and when I mentioned allergies she gave me a sample of pataday which I know has BAK in it. I asked her should I be using this because of the perservative and she said there were no allergy drops without them in it. I don't think she got my question I was talking specifically about the BAK.

I mentioned moisture chambers to her as well and she really didn't have anything to say on them nor knew anybody that could help me with them. Also mentioned the dry skin around my eyes and how that has been bothering me she mentioned to put some lotion there which I am not keen on, anyone know of something better that will help with the skin irritation?

I appreciate her help in getting me to the point I am at, though I believe this board helped more. Since I brought up the lid scrubs, eye spa etc to her but anyways I just feel I need someone with more specific expertise. Now the hard part finding somebody here in MN, though I might try the Mayo clinic seeing how they are world reknown.

question

Hi GLS,

Are you on Restasis? The reason I ask is I am and I developed some dryness/irritation under my eye and I am wondering if it because of the Restasis. My eye doc suggested either 1% cortisone cream or vaseline. He thought it might be the start of an allergy.

Best wishes,
    dryeyes2

Comment

You really do not want to use cortisone on your face.

A nice moisturizing cream you could try is CeraVe. I haven't had any problems using that on my face, including near my eyes.

Comment

Cortisone

Hi,

It was my opthamologist that told me I could use a small amount of 1% cortisone cream on the irritated part.

dryeyes2

Comment

Yes, I saw that - and not all doctors suggest the smartest things all the time - and you really do NOT want to use cortisone cream on your face. If you do, do not use it for more than 2-3 days. In particular, the skin in the area around your eyes is very thin to begin with. Cortisone on your face can cause redness and irritation but cortisone thins your skin and if you are using it on an area that's already thin, your skin under your eyes will end up looking blue-ish.
          Last edited by NYer; 05-Feb-2008, 10:34.

Comment

Where can one get CeraVe?

Thanks
            Greg

Comment

I know for sure that CVS and Drugstore.com carry CeraVe. They make a moisture cream that comes in a big tub that will last you forever. And they make a lotion in a pump-container. The cream is thicker and the lotion is much lighter. They're both unscented and you can use them on your whole body, including your face and theypre pretty long-lasting. I just discovered this stuff last week after getting a sample at the Dermatologist.

Comment

Working...
              X