X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Study Seems Promising

I stumbled onto this article that I found interesting:
    http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/131/9/2260

It talks about the role of a certain gene that is responsible for manufacturing the goodies that make people's eyelids and skin strong and healthy. I found it interesting though that diet alone did not improve the diseased components and that this certain gene is the one responsible for making them. Accordinly, it suggests that targetting this gene may be benefical for treatment in people with blepharitis/meibomian seborrhea.

This seems to have been published in 2001, so I wonder if there has been any progress made on this.
    Last edited by clairvoyant; 07-Feb-2008, 05:38.
    Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Originally posted by MGD:( View Post
    I stumbled onto this article that I found interesting:
    http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/131/9/2260

It talks about the role of a certain gene that is responsible for manufacturing the goodies that make people's eyelids and skin strong and healthy. I found it interesting though that diet alone did not improve the diseased components and that this certain gene is the one responsible for making them. Accordinly, it suggests that targetting this gene may be benefical for treatment in people with blepharitis/meibomian seborrhea.

This seems to have been published in 2001, so I wonder if there has been any progress made on this.

So does this mean, that everything else that we are doing is useless? lid hygiene, supplements, diet etc?

How exactly do you go about getting gene therapy?

Comment

Originally posted by Rory View Post
      So does this mean, that everything else that we are doing is useless? lid hygiene, supplements, diet etc?

How exactly do you go about getting gene therapy?

Well I'd defenitely say no but it only treats the symptoms not the disease itself. I am not sure exactly but they probably have the tools and insight they just have to do the work and then implement it.
      Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Comment

Working...
      X