Mask vs. Tranquileyes? Preferences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mask vs. Tranquileyes? Preferences?

I'm trying to figure this out but when I wear Tranquileyes with moist pads, I'll wake up like clockwork 3-4 hours after sleeping and my eyes will feel bone dry and need drops, yet if I do the mask thing, then I might sleep longer, though there's no moisture - and my eyes won't be as bone dry when I wake in the night???!!!

I keep wondering why it's not the other way around!

Ultimately both help.

Also using mask plus taping eyes seems to help reduce gritting in morning compared to tranquileyes but eyes will feel dry to start with.
    Tranquileyes - might wake up more but in morning maybe less dry on waking but will maybe be gritty as morning goes on.
    Have found tranquileyes and tape good too.
    Maybe I need the tape though I don't think I sleep with my eyes open.
    (Haven't had the courage to do just tape yet - scared of having a bad night)

Ok, I know I have to keep trying to figure it all out, but I'm curious for the others that mix a mask and tranquileyes, why do you mix and what do you find from it?
    just keep swimming...

Stanza, you're too nervous about this and are making too much of it. I can't tell if you have Tranquileyes AND a cloth mask?

keep wondering why it's not the other way around!

Ultimately both help.
    Use which ever method gives you most comfort. It probably doesn't matter why. Or, mix and match. Do one every other night.

If you are using Tranquileyes, you likely do not need tape too. Another mix and match

Ok, I know I have to keep trying to figure it all out, but I'm curious for the others that mix a mask and tranquileyes, why do you mix and what do you find from it?
    If you are getting some relief, you really don't "have to keep trying to figure it all out." Pick the best product for you and put the others in the drawer. You can always try them later, or if you think you need a change. I think most people do not use Tranquileyes AND/OR mask. They pick the one they like best.

I wish you some relief from the anxiety of this. Too many choices. I hope at least one works sufficiently for you. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I don't feel nervous about it, think I just tried to write out my post in a fun way. But thanks anyway on the feedback.
      I know tranquileyes should be enough but I don't see how they are if my eyes are drier with them, I think it's a bit crazy not in a nervous way, just in a way I'm trying to puzzle this out a bit.
      just keep swimming...

Comment

Originally posted by Stanza View Post
        Sometimes I just want to do something with the least possible hassle factor. I'll often do as little as I think I can "get away" with. A mask is simpler than wetting (and later washing) pads even though all that is pretty automatic for me these days. Or I'll use the mask for travel and the goggle at home.

These things are very individual. I know others who use tape + Tranquileyes.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Stanza View Post
          I don't feel nervous about it, think I just tried to write out my post in a fun way. But thanks anyway on the feedback.
          I know tranquileyes should be enough but I don't see how they are if my eyes are drier with them, I think it's a bit crazy not in a nervous way, just in a way I'm trying to puzzle this out a bit.
          I actually do feel nervous every time I try something new with my eyes at night. I feel like I rely too much on Genteal Gel, but when I have tried to get away with Dwelle, my eyes stick and tear after just two hours. So, I am waiting until I am further along in the healing process before I give up the gel. I'm waiting for Dwelle Gel, btw.

My eyes get sort of dry with the goggles, and I wake up two or three times each night to swap the pads to the opposite side, because it seems like moisture wicks and collects on the interior of the goggle. (Rebecca suggested using plastic wrap on the anterior side of the moisture pads, as per another poster's suggestion, but I have not tried that yet.) I am working up the courage to try the goggles dry. It may be something about the water (like how soaking in the tub wrinkles the hands and feet) that may create that dry feeling. I don't know, but your experience is one that I share, Stanza.

I do think that the goggles are helping me to keep my eyes closed.

Comment

Hello,

Makes sense, Rebecca on the ease thing, I think that's probably a factor.

Liz,

My eyes get sort of dry with the goggles, and I wake up two or three times each night to swap the pads to the opposite side,
            I do the swapping thing too!

I am working up the courage to try the goggles dry. It may be something about the water (like how soaking in the tub wrinkles the hands and feet) that may create that dry feeling. I don't know, but your experience is one that I share, Stanza.
            Yippie, it's nice not to feel alone, lol! Also, I understand the fear of trying the new things at night, if I have a bad night, I'm so in for days of frustration.

I'm going to try and do the goggles dry, might just do the 'better eye' first with a dry pad and still wet the pad for the 'worse eye' and see if they feel the same when I wake up? Might be interesting...
            just keep swimming...

Comment

Originally posted by liz56 View Post
              I feel like I rely too much on Genteal Gel, but when I have tried to get away with Dwelle, my eyes stick and tear after just two hours. So, I am waiting until I am further along in the healing process before I give up the gel.
              That's exactly my experience. When I use Dwelle, the dryness wakes me up every 2 hours. When I use Genteal Gel, I can sometimes get 5 hours in a row! And sleep is really important to me. When I use Dwelle, I think the quality of my tears gets better---it's more healing than the Gel. But I feel so much more rested if I'm not waking up so often because of my eyes. With Dwelle, I tend to use too much because I like the initial soothing feeling of lots of moisture----but then the excess crystallizes which is very uncomfortable. If I just use one drop, my eyes feel dry soon after.

Maybe Dwelle would be more appropriate for me to use in the daytime---haven't tried that yet.

Calli

Comment

Originally posted by calli66 View Post
                [snip]When I use Dwelle, I think the quality of my tears gets better---it's more healing than the Gel. But I feel so much more rested if I'm not waking up so often because of my eyes. With Dwelle, I tend to use too much because I like the initial soothing feeling of lots of moisture----but then the excess crystallizes which is very uncomfortable. If I just use one drop, my eyes feel dry soon after.

Maybe Dwelle would be more appropriate for me to use in the daytime-- haven't tried that yet.

Calli
                Hi, Calli.

I use Dwelle during the day. It is such a great relief when that burning or "menthol" feeling that Rojzen discussed happens.

I really need to find a solid routine that will get me through the nights. I still have the problem of sticking eyelids. I averted a problem around 4:30 this morning by adding drops, as per Cindy's recommendation, and I remember fondly the nights when I would wake up and go back to sleep without getting up and putting more gel into my eyes.

Also, Stanza, last night, I tried Tranquileyes dry. It worked just as well as it does when I soak that pads and still better than the sleep mask.

--Liz

Comment

I tried my 'good' eye dry last night and felt pretty ok today in both eyes, going to continue with this for a couple of nights before I'm brave enough to do same for right eye. I'm curious how it will be!
                  just keep swimming...

Comment

P.S. I've always used my Tranquileyes "dry." Reading through all this thread made me realize how many wet the pads. I just do the drops or gel and whip the Tranquileyes in place. I've been known to take them off during the night if they were uncomfortable, or I was having trouble sleeping. The less "fuss" the better. Lucy
                    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
                    X