Face make up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face make up

Since being diagnosed with DES, I believe that I have developed rosacea and am extremely sensitive to face make up. Has anyone found a brand, make, etc. of face make up that does not iritate? I'm finding the major brands intolerable and would appreciate any suggestions. Eva

Have you tried Bare Minerals? I love the stuff. I am allergic/sensitive to most all make-up except this. It comes from the earth, no dyes, perfumes, additives, nothing artificial.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Eva

I find that doing a gentle lid scrub with warm water and a q-tip after putting on my makeup really helps reduce my eyelid irritation. The mineral stuff is good but because it's a powder, it goes everywhere, including your eyelashes. You might want to give the scrub a try.

Natalie

Comment

Great tip there on doing a mini scrub after putting it on.

I use eye-shadow still but only ones that really are creamy and don't have bits that get everywhere. And I sort of try and keep my eyes closed as much as poss when I put it on. The cheapest brand I use is Bourgois, I won't touch anything super cheap as it just doesn't stay on - which means it's v. transient.

When my eyes start to get really extra annoying in the evenings I take it off with a gentle remover. I buy expensive removers as they work very fast, so no rubbing required! They last ages too - you only need a little. I find clinique is good for removers. If you're concerned about what's in the remover you do your lid scrub straight after using one. I often remove the make up then do a scrub with just boiled water.
        just keep swimming...

Comment

Working...
        X