visiting dr. latkany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visiting dr. latkany

hello, i will be making the trip up to new york this coming friday, and was wondering if anyone who has previously made the trip up there that could give me a few pointers or ideas as to what to expect. i will be flying into jfk, and then i guess will be taking a cab to his office. i live way out in the country and the big city is going to be like a whole new world to me. thanks for any help you may give. ron

Dress warmly, it's going to be cold this week. Go shopping at Bloomingdales, it's just 3 blocks north of his office. Go to the Museum of Modern Art, it's just a few blocks south of his office. Walk over to 5th Avenue and walk downtown (south) and look in all the store windows. Then you'll hit Rockefeller Center on 50th St. Go look at all the people skating in the skating rink there. Go to the Empire State Building on 34th St. and 5th Ave. Go to the top and look at the view (hopefully, it won't be overcast). Buy a copy of "Time Out New York" and see what's going on in the evening and find a restaurant. So much to see, you can just walk around all day and not make any particular plans. But on a Friday night, you may want to make a reservation for dinner. But we New Yorkers tend to eat dinner starting at 8:00 PM, so if you're going to eat earlier, you shouldn't have a problem getting seated. Have fun!

Comment

You can't pass up Times Square and Broadway! Try to take in a show if you can. If you have time, Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty are wonderful side trips. Most important, be sure to chat with some locals. They are really great people, all except for one lady I met in the cashier booth at Grand Central Station. She was a ----. I hope you love NYC as much as I did!
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

thanks for the replys, i may have a little time to explore before my appointment, but i am flying up and flying back the same day, so there wont be much time. thanks.

Comment

Ronny,

I would be very interested in knowing how your trip goes, I am thinking about heading that way myself this spring/early summer.

When you made your appt, how was it for an out of towner? Did they tell you anything to expect or if you would possibly need follow ups?

Comment

it seemed no different than making an appointment at you local doctor, i am calling tomorrow just to verify that they know i am flying in from pittsburgh, in case that makes a difference. hoping for the best, that is for sure.

Comment

Working...
            X