Night Goggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Goggles

So I was wondering if anyone out there has tried using night goggles(tranquil eyes, etc.) for help with nightime dry eye and still had not gotten any dry eye relief. I have used the tranquil goggles and my eyes are still extremely dry in the morning where they hurt to blink. I then tried actual swimming goggles that suctioned and made sure there was no air getting in and that didn't help either. This leads me to believe that my dry eyes are not from my environment but more an issue with either the tear film or evaporation issues. I have been to the doc and they didn't see any signs of my eyelids not shutting properly so I am ruling that out. Has anyone had a similar experience and found a remedy? Even the PM ointment does not provide relief. I just can't figure it out. Can allergies to dust mites/mold cause sever night time dry eye?

Thanks,
    Justin

Tranquileyes help me but I still wake up with eyes like deserts. It's just they aren't stuck to my eyelids....
    just keep swimming...

Comment

I use lots of gel with the tranquileyes, but still wake up every 2-4 hours with dry eyes---and I usually put in more gel or PF drops then, and go back to sleep. But my eyes feel more protected, more moist, and much healthier in the mornings.

The eyes don't make as many tears at night, and there's no blinking action to spread the tears. The goggles don't increase the quantity of tears, but they do keep a consistently more wetted eye surface and reduce dry spots. This promotes an environment for healing instead of one for irritation/inflammation.

Calli

Comment

Hey thanks for the quick responses. It seems that a product like tranquileyes does not provide relief by itself but tranquileyes with a mixture of PM ointment or drops is the way to go. Glad to hear it's not just me. I was under the impression that using goggles alone at night would be enough to help keep tears around the eyes. I can't afford all of the different types of drops and ointments, lid scrubs, goggles, supplements, etc. that I need.

Has anyone successfully gotten insurance to pay for eye drops or goggles for chronic dry eye?

Comment

I wake up too. It's true that my eyes are still so much better in the day time for them though, i.e. I couldn't give them up.
          just keep swimming...

Comment

I have tried a lot of things at night. I didn't like Tranquileyes at all. I usually use oinment and gel during the night and a kind of sleeping mask that touches my eyelids. I usually sleep with one eye slightly open and always thought this was the problem. But the last two nights I taped my eyes so that I was sure they were shut and when I woke up they were not bone dry but there were blood vessels all over and I need 4 hours to feel 'normal'(still horrible, but less than in the morining) again. I just don't know what to do anymore. It seems like that my problem is that I close my eyes which means even less oxygen, more blood vessels, more pressure.....endless story.... Any suggestions for my case???

Comment

Eye Care Covering Cost of Goggles

If your goggles are perscription your insurance should/may pay for them as they would regular eye glasses......mine did (Blue Cross/Blue Shield through an employer). Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
              X