Pinguecula caused irritation/dryness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinguecula caused irritation/dryness?

Have any of you had a pinguecula that you felt was influencing the dryness and irritation in your eyes? Anyone had one removed? Was it an easy process? Recovery time? Results?

Thanks,

DN

I have pinguecula in both eyes and am convinced that they are the reason for the dryness, redness, irritation etc. They drive me mad! They seem to be getting worse too. Doctor says they won't remove them unless they get bigger or become extremely distressing to me

Comment

Hi there,

I have Pterygia in my left eye, which is pinguecula that has, over time, extended over the cornea. I can definitely feel more irritation in this area, and it is much more inflamed than my right eye. My doc says it's easily removed, however, after "lurking" on this forum and reading the horror stories that folks have endured, I'm not sure I want anyone touching my eyes with an instrument. The pterygia is apparently not causing any problems with vision, however, to me, it doesn't look or feel good, so I'd love to hear about other's experiences.

I must say, I love this site. I have learned so much from you all and have made many changes with my eye hygiene that have improved my symptoms. I've wanted to post my intro and have not have the time.

You all rock. Thanks, Jennie

Comment

Working...
      X