Cities, contacts, computers = DES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cities, contacts, computers = DES

I wanted to put Lasik in there too ,but the alliteration didn't work. Just as a matter of interest, has anyone on the site developed DES without any of the following being involved: eye surgery; contact lenses; city living and the associated pollution; sustained computer use for work or leisure???

Actually we've got people here with dry eye (or related conditions like RCE) from causes as diverse as...
    • Eye injury or burn
    • Eyelid surgery
    • Acoustic neuroma
    • Corneal transplant
    • CPap
    • Radiation, chemotherapy
    • Medication side effects
    • Bell's palsy

...to name just a few.

And for those whose eye pain sometimes makes them wish they could pull out their eye, you might be interested to know I even have a few customers with prosthetic eyes who suffer from dry eye.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Would you say, though, Rebecca, that DES is a reactive condition rather than a ..whatever the opposite is - you will know the word, one which describes a disease which develops initially because of a virus or infection rather than a situation/circumstance/medication/pre-existing condition.I'm just wondering if anyone has developed dry eye in a 'control' situation, without any prior injury to the eye. For example, someone in a non-computer/non-pesticide/non-mechanical job without a lot of computerwork, living in a healthy countryside area, in a fairly humid climate, with no other medical condition. Anyone here who fits that model?

Comment

Working...
      X