Sunscreen Recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunscreen Recommendation?

I have some sun damage to my face from many sunburns over my 40+ years and try to wear sunscreen every day. My problem is that every sunscreen bothers my eyes to a greater or lesser degree. I try to keep it well away from my eyes, but it always somehow melts in.

Does anyone have any sunscreen recommendations for my dry (and tearing) eyes to feel better and save my skin? I've tried most of Neutragena, and Oil of Olay for sensitive skin, and Coppertone. I do tend towards acne, so try to avoid stuff that isn't sensitive skin friendly.
    Wendy

Antelope Valley, CA

I use a Mary Kay age-fighting moisturizer with SPF 15. I don't have any problems with it with regard to my eyes. I use this every day under my foundation, year 'round.

I also put it on when I go to the pool in the summer as I wouldn't dream of putting regular sunscreen near my face. I wear goggles and a hat as well, and seem to get good protection.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Hi, WendyE.

I have the same problem. I tried to just stay out of the sun for years, because all sunscreens bothered my sensitive skin. I found a good product last year, by Physicians Formula. It is a compact powder, and it has an SPF of 20. I just close my eyes, hold my breath, and brush it on. Even with my highly sensitive corneas, so sensitive that I showered for six months with swimming goggles, this powder did no harm. It comes in bronze colors, but I just get translucent.

http://www.physiciansformula.com/en-...der/03857.html

--Liz
      Last edited by liz56; 04-Mar-2008, 06:45. Reason: Added a link

Comment

Working...
      X